Senior Associate, Primerio
Attorney practicing broadly in the regulatory field and principally in competition law, consumer protection law and white-collar crime.
- Assisting a large multinational supplier and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) in relation to a cooperation agreement for the development of automated driving and automated driver assistance technologies.
- Assisting Premier FMCG in relation to the acquisition of Mister Sweet before the South Africa, Namibia, Botswana and Eswatini competition agencies.
- Assisting eBay in relation to the competition/antitrust assessment of potential bidders in South Africa.
- Assisting Concorde Bidco Limited in its acquisition of CDK Global Holdings (UK) Limited before the South African Competition Commission
- Assisting German and multinational clients in relation merger filings before the German Federal Cartel Office (FCO) and the European Competition Commission.
- Assisted Comcast Corporation in its intended acquisition of 21st Century Fox Inc.
- Assisted Monsanto & Company in relation to the acquisition by Bayer ATKG before the South African agencies.
- Assisting Samsung Electronics Company Limited and Harman International Industries Incorporated before the South African agencies.
- Assisting clients in relation to the South African competition authorities’ investigation into the Auto Parts sector, LPG Gas sector, Milling sector and others.
- Assisting clients in relation to the Grocery Retail, LPG and Healthcare Market Inquiries conducted by the South African Competition Commission.
- Assisting clients in relation to the Competition Commission’s Corporate Leniency Policy.
- Assisting clients with the implementation of compliance programs in terms of the South African Competition Amendment Act.
Investigation / White Collar Crime
- Assisting multinational client in relation to an investigation of exchange control violations and money laundering in South Africa.
- Assisting South African client in relation to an investigation of corruption in Eswatini.
- Assisting clients in investigations before a variety of South African and other African enforcement agencies, including the South African Judicial Commission of Inquiry into State Capture.
- Assisting clients on local and foreign anti-corruption and money laundering legislation including the Prevention and Combating of Corrupt Activities Act of South Africa; The Prevention of Organised Crimes Act; the Bribery Act of the United Kingdom and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of the United States of America.
- Assisting creditors/claimants in relation to South Africa’s larges corporate fraud, including litigation and compromise proceedings.
- Assisting clients in complaints and investigations before the South African Consumer Protection Commission
- English / Afrikaans