Elizabeth is an antitrust/competition and real estate specialist in Kenya. Elizabeth has worked at the CAK where she evaluated notified mergers and acquisitions, conducted analysis of exclusionary practices, and research the impact of proposed conduct and M&A transactions in Kenya. Elizabeth was one of the drafters of the merger guidelines, the subsidiary legislation, and proposed amendments to the Competition Act. In private practice, Elizabeth has successfully notified merger notifications, applied for exclusions, and advised clients on the substantive and procedural requirements under Kenyan law.
Elizabeth’s Real Estate practice includes Conveyancing and Real Estate Projects in which she advised, drafted and acted for clients in regard to Sale Agreements, Leases, Sub-leases, Change of User, Amalgamation, Subdivision, Transfers, Development and Construction Agreements, and property Joint Ventures among others. On the Commercial sector she has experience in restructuring of companies, company secretarial services, incorporation and winding-up business entities, drafting of commercial contracts among others.
- LLB from the Catholic University of Eastern Africa; LLM from the University of Nairobi in International Trade & Competition Law
- Elizabeth is a Member of the Law Society of Kenya and East Law Society
- Arbiter and certified public secretary
- An accredited corporate governance auditor
- Member of the Land and Commercial Committees (LSK, Nairobi Branch)