- Competition/ Antitrust
- Commercial litigation
- Anti-bribery / corruption
Publications and Presentations
- South African Chapter for the American Bar Association’s Third Edition of Competition Laws Outside the United States (CLOUS)
- Jemma has been part of the research team under John Oxenham, who recently represented Business at the OECD on behalf of South Africa and the region.
- Articles and Blogs- Jemma is a regular contributor to Africanantitrust a leading resource for competition law developments across Africa. Recent articles or contributions include:
- B.Com (University of Pretoria) (2017), with majors in Taxation and Accounting
- LLB (University of Pretoria) (2019)
- Completion of the Law Society of Pretoria’s Trial Advocacy Course
Sectors and Services
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods
- Mining & Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Womanat- a platform for woman professionals
Jemma is involved in and part of the team who is currently:
- Advising parties before the Judicial Commission of Inquiry into Allegations of State Capture under Justice Raymond Zondo.
- Advising a consortium of banks in relation to the recovery of proceeds involving the fraud which took place at Steinhoff, which is one of the largest civil claims instituted in South African history.
- Advising in competition litigation currently before the South African Competition Tribunal in relation to the LPG sector in South Africa.
Jemma formed part of the team which:
- Successfully advised Concorde Bidco Limited in its acquisition of CDK Global Holdings (UK) Limited before the South African Competition Commission.
- Is currently proving advice to clients in various market enquiries initiated by the South African Competition Commission, including the Healthcare Market Inquiry, the Grocery Retail Market Inquiry, and the Automotive aftermarkets sector.
- Is providing advice in relation to the South African Competition Commission’s investigation into the digital sector.
- Is providing ongoing advice in relation to clients in the automotive component parts sector.
- Is currently representing an automotive parts company in an internal investigation and leniency application to the South African Competition Commission in relation to cartel conduct.
- Representing Oryx Energies before the Competition Tribunal.
- Filed various mergers for an FMCG company, both in South Africa as well as across the broader African region