- John is an advisor to Business at OECD in relation to the OECD Competition Committee
- John is a faculty member of the American Bar Association (ABA) Antitrust Sector
- John is a non-governmental advisory member of the drafting team for the ICN Advocacy Working Group’s Competition Benefits Project
- John attended the 11th Session of the Intergovernmental Group of Experts on Competition and Consumer Policy meeting of the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development in Geneva as an expert in Competition Law
- John is sole South African representative of Fraudnet, the International Chamber of Commerce’s Anti-Crime arm.
- John was previously a non-governmental advisor to the ICN’s merger and notification subgroup, which included speaking at the IC N’s merger and notification subgroup, which included speaking at the ICN’s N&P Subgroup feedback in Moscow. John also spike at the ICN’s 10th Annual Conference at Den Hague on competition advocacy and moderated a panel at the ICN’s 10th Annual Conference in Rio de Janerio regarding competition advocacy
- John worked as a foreign legal advisor with the Howrey LLP Washington DC antitrust practice group