Mweshi Mutuna is part of Primerio’s Competition team and the firm’s Zambia lead. She has represented clients in merger applications, cartel investigations, restrictive business-practice matters, and general competition law compliance. Mweshi is not only an experienced antitrust attorney, but has also acted as a commercial lawyer and has been engaged in litigation and alternative dispute resolution such as mediation and arbitration in Zambia and the region. She is recognized by clients for providing critical and in-depth analysis of their legal positions in the context of the broader issues at stake.
- Recognized as a non-governmental advisor to the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission of Zambia by the International Competition Network.
- Has conducted training on mergers to Judges of the Zambian High Court and Supreme Court on behalf of the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission of Zambia.
- Provided advice on various mergers and restructurings to clients in the agricultural and financial sector in Zambia.
- Defended against allegations of excessive pricing.
- Advised on raising complaints against cartels and restrictive business practices.