Services – Regulatory Advice and Bespoke Legal Services
In addition to Primerio’s litigation experience, the Primerio team specializes in various regulatory fields including consumer protection, data privacy and environmental laws.
In addition, our team is experienced in several specialist industries including gas and oil, pharmaceutical, aviation, FMCG, agro-chem, automotive and telecoms.
Combined with our commercial and corporate minded approach to delivering the highest quality legal advice, the Primerio team is well placed to provide clients with practical legal solutions.
It is for this very reason that the Primerio team’s offering has grown spectacularly at the request of our clients.
Examples of recent matters in which the Primerio team has assisted includes:
- Advising the World Bank in relation to the telecoms and mobile payment sector.
- Assisted major FMCG entities in relation to allegations of child slavery.
- Provided counselling to clients in relation to cross border disputes and the enforcement of foreign judgments.
- Advising a local content service provider on a restructuring of its ownership and management team including obtaining approvals from the Communication Authority of Kenya
- Advising a network security services provider on the conversion of its business from a sole trader to a limited liability company
- Advising an international micro-finance business on its joint venture with a local payment gateway provider to provide for loans as a payment option to their customers
- Advising a digital signage company on a licence agreement with matatu saccos for the installation, maintenance and operation of digital signage devices on public service vehicles.
- Advising a client on a potential dispute relating to failure by a supplier to provide a contracted retail management software system for their retail business.
- Advising clients on tax efficient transfers of their property to family owned companies.
- Advising clients on estate planning including the challenges of willing away property held under joint tenancy arrangements.
- Advising a client on their rights and the obligations of trustees under a Settlement Trust.
- Advising a local private loan company on the recovery of investments held under a money market funds ad equity funds.
- Advising on a lease of a client’s property to employees of the United Nations including negotiations on various diplomatic clauses required under the lease agreement.
- Advising a local family foundation on a trust deed for the regulation of affairs of the group.