Services – Transactional Advice, Real Estate and Project Development
Primerio has assisted clients with a variety of commercial and corporate advice in relation to transactions, restructuring and project development.
With commercially oriented mind-sets, our team strives to deliver effective and pragmatic advice which is solution orientated.
With our regional hubs situated in South Africa, Mauritius and Kenya, Primerio is strategically positioned to advise across the Southern and East African jurisdictions including South Africa, Malawi, Mauritius, Nigeria and Kenya.
- Primerio recently advised the Eris Property Group and Momentum Real Estate Fund in relation to a development in Nairobi.
- In June 2020, advised Indian Agrochemicals Company and its subsidiary, UPL Corporation, on the offering and listing of unsecured senior notes on the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Market (SEST) for a total of USD 800 million. A group of banks, namely Citigroup, MUFG (B&D), UBS, Merrill Lynch, Rabobank, JP Morgan, and BofA Securities, acted as underwriters to the offering.
- Acted for Macquarie Bank in respect of a Real Estate Investment Trusts for investments in China amounting to more than USD 1.5 billion
- Represented Shell in the Royal Dutch Shell Plc sale on its USD 100 billion majority in African Businesses to Vitol Group
- advised on a USD 1 billion facility to Addax Petroleum by BNP Paribas, with Standard Chartered Bank as lenders
- Assisted with the winding up of Lehman Brothers in relation to applicable insolvency proceedings (both involuntary and voluntary winding-up) and directors’ duties under Mauritian law, pursuant to a USD 400 million creditor action initiated in the United Kingdom
- Advised Rascom with respect to a facility of about USD 150 million regarding the financing of a second satellite for the African region. The financing was composed of a consortium of banks, including the African Development Bank
- Successfully defended Citic Capital in the claim for USD 50 million before the Supreme Court of Mauritius which was in relation to a guarantee agreement, receivership and corporate actions
- Presently representing [note: presently representing or represented?] a foreign regulator in respect of a USD 500 million claim before the Supreme Court in Mauritius
- Advising property developers on sales and leases of units on “off-plan” basis including advising on key issues such as defects liability, termination, warranties and change of user provisions.
- Advising a dairy cooperative society in Vihiga County on a memorandum of understanding and lease agreement with a local landowner for the development and construction of a milk processing plant.
- Advising a property developer on the acquisition of land from Embakasi Ranching Company including providing legal advice on risks of liability for double stamp duty and obtaining warranties from third parties.
- Advising a local landlord of prime property located at the Northern Bypass in Kiambu on license agreements with its tenants including future development clauses, rent disputes with occupiers and assignment of licenses for a sole trader business transferred to a third party.
- Advising a well-known retail franchise on its leasing arrangements at several high-end malls including Sarit Centre, Yaya Centre and The Junction.
- Advising a client on a construction agreement for fit out of premises including mitigation of risks where performance of the agreement was likely to be affected by political unrest.
- Advising a well-known human resource agency on their commercial leasing arrangements with landlords at Riverside Drive and Sanlam Tower.
- Advising a property owner on removal of historical title restrictions on his property following the disbandment of a local land disputes’ tribunal.